Venue: IOC Project Office for IODE – Wandelaarkaai 7/61 - 8400 Oostende - Belgium
The training course is targeted towards data managers at the OBIS nodes and large OBIS data providers.
The training course content is:
- Getting data and metadata out of OBIS (web portal, web services, OBIS stage database)
- Introduction to the OBIS issue tracking system
- Getting data and metadata in OBIS:
- Data Quality Control tools (e.g., LifeWatch QC tools, and Name Matching Strategy)
- Data and metadata standards and vocabularies (what information, where and how)
- Setting-up and maintenance of IPT
- Data enhancements, new data types and applications (group discussion on how to solve this)
- Scientific data analysis exercises
- Open topics (based on needs assessment via application form)
Participants are required to prepare for the course!
Pre-training workshop preparations:
- Make sure you bring with you at least one or several datasets (including metadata) that are not yet in OBIS
- Create a list of technical questions on beforehand
- Create a list of (scientific) questions you or your community network would like to see addressed using data in OBIS.