OBIS Science Advisory Task Team
Co-chairs: Pat Halpin (OBIS-SEAMAP) & Antonio Marques (SWA-OBIS)
The OBIS Science Advisory Task Team (OBIS-SATT) was established at the 3rd OBIS Steering group meeting in 2013, with the following terms of reference.
Terms of Reference of the OBIS-SATT
- Provide advice to the OBIS Steering Group on the OBIS science mission and priorities.
- Identify new directions, potential pilot projects and areas of development for data-driven research and its applications.
- Be composed of a broad range of experts from relevant scientific disciplines and institutions with expertise in fields such as marine biodiversity, biogeography, ecology and ocean policy and management.
- Convene periodically with at least one meeting per year.
- Review OBIS directions and research activities as well as investigate timely topics to help set future directions.
- Provide reports to the OBIS Steering Group.
- Act as liaisons to other scientific institutions and societies.