Vacancy Senior computer scientist
Senior computer scientist
Primary Location: UNESCO-IOC Project office for IODE, Ostend, Belgium
Type of contract: Permanent contract
- Analysis and development of systems and software that contribute to the realisation of the objectives of the Project Office on an autonomous basis.
- Responsibility for the system management for the Project Office, which includes both personal computers (colleagues and training sessions) and servers (applications).
- Provide support for the IODE staff on the site and during activities organized by IODE.
- Keep up your professional knowledge and stay up-to-date within your own subject domain.
- Take up the role of project leader in specific IT projects of the Project Office.
- Provide support to employees to enable their further development.
- Master in applied informatics, or equivalent by experience
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of operating systems: Windows, Linux, Apache, Web Application Security, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Docker, Java, OGC, Symfony, R, Python, GIS, Moodle, Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, DSpace, E-prints… is a plus
- Language skills: thorough knowledge of English
- Flexible regarding tasks, working hours and working conditions
- Able to take decisions in crisis situations
- Project management
- Motivated to guide and encourage employees
- Discrete with regard to confidential data
- Able to work autonomously
- Insight into the different client systems, and the ability to integrate software in the specific information environment of the client
For more information on this vacancy and the job description, please contact:
Peter Pissierssens, Head of the UNESCO/IOC Project Office for IODE
We offer a challenging job in the dynamic environment of VLIZ, a permanent contract and a salary scale according to qualifications/experience, following the salary scales of the Flemish Government. Employment as soon as possible.
Does this vacancy appeal to you?
Send in your cover letter and CV no later than April 3rd 2018:
- By post: Jan Mees, General director VLIZ, InnovOcean site, Wandelaarkaai 7, 8400 Oostende, Belgium
- By mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Vacancy senior IT IODE”
Contact us by telephone on +32 (0)59 34 21 30
VLIZ promotes equality and diversity in the workplace. You will be recruited on the basis of competencies. Qualities of people are decisive, regardless of gender, religion, ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
On the basis of the received motivation letters and CV’s, a select group of candidates will be invited for a job interview. You will be informed by email. The job interviews take place in the offices of VLIZ.